Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh my god it's sculpted!

I have to write about this because it was just so very funny and it happens a lot to me. I went out at Second life for a bit of shopping and saw a lady doing some camping at a shop and sitting in a chair with a huge and I mean "huge" sphere on her head, her face was covered and you could only see her neck sticking out and I wondered if she knew how she looks like. I stood there for a while struggeling with myself if I should tell her that she looks like a moster or not ...lol. What had happened? Well I see that a lot these days, people buy sculpted boots, jewelry, hats or hair and end up looking weird because SL doesn't rezz that crap even if you got a great computer hardware and super graphicscard. To them it might rezz because it's an old rule that if something rezzed once to your computer it will rezz easier and faster the next time, but everyone else views it as sphere and wonders what the hell those people are wearing hahaha. I should have taken a pic and be sure next time I will do it, because then people will understand why I almost never use any sculpts and wouldn't buy them. I got the opinion that it's wonderful that Second Life offers the possibility to use sculpties if it would work to rezz it would be even more useful .....hahahahaha, to me it seems like offering someone: Hey I will give you an applepie if you grow me the apples before, could take then a while, but hey ....they at least offer it.

2 comments:

Dove Swanson said...

I am not on a super-computer by any means, my computer before this one was even less...and I've never had trouble rezzing sculpties. Might just be your computer?

Agnes Periapse said...

I am regularly teased by my friends for complaining about their blob hair, hats, jewellery, collars, cuffs, skirts, shoes, etc. It's just one of the anti-perks that comes with using a five year old machine. *shrugs* Doesn't mean I'll stop wearing my sculpty wings, boots, etc. :p I just roll my eyes and wait a few minutes, and things rez. Sculpties usually look much better than a similar item done as non-sculpty prims, in shoes especially.