Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't buy again if you get cheated



This blog is about my design but also about me and so I will use it also to tell how I feel about some things at SL. You might have a different opinion or the same one, that's ok for me, I don't expect everyone to agree.
I talked to a lot of people at SL about the problem, that some designers think a serious looking shop and some fake pictures would make a business successful. Even the most stupid one wakes up one day if he or she gets cheated by retuched pictures and a elegant styled sourrounding that doesn't keep any promises. Why don't those people understand that their shops drown by doing that. They even lower their prices then and still don't sell much anymore. Then they close their shop one day.
I am now 47 years old and you may believe me that people remember if they were happy with what they bought at your store or not.
The next thing is that the character you show by the contacts you got and whom you support will always have an influence on your success. This is similar to the mothers telling their daughters not to go out with the wrong people. Of course the daughters don't believe that something would be wrong with going out with them and do it.
If they are intelligent they'll recognize one day which influence that had on their life or other contacts.
However I am no mother and I can only tell those guys out their that having a business is no game at all, even if they believe that stronger each day it won't work.
If I sell freebies, that I never designed myself, no matter if I sell them for only 1$, I do use designs which others had set to free to give it free, not to give such people the possibility to make money with them, and it is not importent how much money I make with this, it is just simply showing a bad character. If I support such people it will show my character too and sorry to say this I would for example not want to have any shop close to such a designer, I wouldn't even buy from him a single item ever.
Of course you can say: Hey that is no big thing, so many do that in SL, how can she get that upset about such a small thing. The answer is very simple: Wrong is and stays wrong no matter how small or big that wrong is and no matter how many do it, it's WRONG! Understood?
The same thing appears if designers change their pics and try to cheat the customers. You can ask all people if they had that case already, that something looked at the picture much better than worn, they had it! This is exactly what makes the difference about my design, the people always told me that our shop is the only one where the clothes look worn better than on the pics. Such customers come back because they are happy and satisfied with the dresses. That's what we mean with quality. It is not enough to write "quality" into search or into your shoptitle, you need to give this quality! I found a lot of shops at SL doing a lot of advertisement and using big words, but sorry to say that: The customers are not silly, after a while they discover which shop is worth coming back. I can only encourage them to expect more and not to buy anymore where they get cheated by fake pics or designs that don't even work at moving or don't fit. You protect others from buying there if you make such shops close by not buying there!

No comments: