Monday, August 25, 2008

How I got started

Oh my god almost 2 years went by till I started at Second Life. As I came in I bought some dresses, that had been really expensive and even of wellknown designers and got very very disappointed. That's why I started designing at SL. It was easy for me because I had been more than 25 years a RL designer and painter and so I never attended any classes at SL. Please forgive me if my english is not always absolutely proper, I am not english, but will do my best.
Ok lets say till today I got the impression that most designers at SL just do design for fun and maybe that is the reason why a lot of designs aren't proper made, maybe only very few are professional while they claim to be it. As I started designing the kind of skirts I did design did not exist and a lot of cute accessories and details I added at my designs weren't used anywhere else. Before I started I looked up all shops at SL even those with only 1 traffic to see what is missing, that took about 3 months, so I do know exactly what existed. After a short time the other designers discovered of course my shop and started to imitate a lot of my ideas and styles.
No I don't go on any vacations and drink pinacoladas after earning my money at SL. I am seriously working here and if you try the dresses on you'll see that they just work better at dancing and walking, that the skirts move with your movements and that not only slim annorexian kids can wear them without having their hips or legs coming through the fabric. And this is the result of working 12-16 hours a day for almost 2 years without a single free day to provide people with outfits for their second life.




Model: Pat48 Barbosa
Wearing: Let's Tango
BLACK MOON COUTURE






Till a few months ago I had besides my work as designer about 50 models during the last year to support them by giving them jobs. No it hadn't been only camping jobs, they had the task to greet the customers and offer help and show off the clothes. After some other designer started giving those jobs too I could finally stop that social dedication and concentrate on my designingwork. I am seriously glad they got now that trouble and I'm free of it ...lol.
There was really nothing that Black Moon did, that wasn't imitated by others quite soon, some shops did even imitate collections of our dresses, but they almost all don't exist anymore, because they didn't offer the same quality. Thanks god the quality survived all those attacks, although a lot got stolen and I do view a stolen idea as well as content theft because an idea can take weeks to be developed well enough.
But lets talk about nicer things, because if we got attacked we defended ourselves very successful till now. You wouldn't believe it but I never had the time for such nice things like posting at any blog about my designs, or putting in messages at the SL forums, some models did even send groupnotes out to my customers because my designing work really ate up my time, although i got no kids and no RL work because I had very early 3 heartattacks and so I could really work all day at SL. And I am blessed by my wonderful partner who always supported me at my work and never complained about this workaholik, who just admires beauty and loves designing at a high perfectionism level.
Now finally after almost 2 years I find the time for a blogpage and I hope you'll enjoy the awesome fashionpics i'll put in for you and maybe you'll enjoy also to get to know me by that page also a bit closer, because normally I am quite hidden at SL ;-) If you'd love to read more visite my homepage: http://www.vs-design.eu/


No comments: