Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My work with models and tinies


I had a great time working with other people at Second Life. I guess about 25% of my work was caring for newbies and models for a while, but the shop really ate up my time, customers messaged me a lot, the designwork took each day hours and I ended up working 12-16 hours and was glad to give some of my work into my modelmanagers hands. They tought the new ones what I tought them before, how to attach clothes, how to get a perfect look and all other tricks you needed at SL.
As time went by the models started to be less at their computer and partly didn't care anymore for any customer. That was not my intention to give campingjobs and they knew that. What they really didn't understand was that my friend is scripter and I could have replaced those models all by bots already long ago. They didn't understand that we were doing this joboffers for helping people to get clothes for work, who couldn't afford buying them. 20 hours of modelling for a 500-1000L$ dress is a bargain if you can be most of the time afk, at least noone at SL offered such a job at this point of time, maybe some really fast made cheap dresses yes, but not real great dresses and if you did the same 20 hours camping you didn't earn more than 500$ either. Otherwise I would have become model insteed of designer I guess.
After I found some models even cheating me I threw them all out and stopped hiring, and am now watching the other shops how they give them work, till they will prefer bots one day. Only a few real friends who didn't stay for dresses are still helping at my shop and they are wonderful people. I am so glad that I got such friends!
I started designing tiny outfits too and I got some real cute and close friends at the Tinies that I love to pieces, about 100 outfits for tinies are still available at my main shop, free ones too and we did some cherity for poor children and people who are ill by cancer. By auctions we collected a lot of money for this.
I will add for you a pic of my true self and one of some tiny dresses I made :-)

No comments: