Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where Are The Freebies??!

I had a lot of very nice selfdesigned freebies during the last year, people messaged me a lot to thank me and some thought it would be clever to tell me that they didn't find them for so long and that I should put them up at other places which offer more free stuff. Those people did totally forget, that the designers at SL would stop designing if only such people would come to their shops to get free stuff and never buy anything. We couldn't pay our fee and wouldn't survive. I had people at my shop asking if at a free gown wouldn't be any underwear for it too. I almost collapsed how bold those people can be. I had some coming in wearing items as an umbrella they designed and having put out my animation and script of my umbrella and put it into their item, thinking it would be totally ok to use my stuff for their own buildings. As I told them that I would sell animations and scripts seperate to my items if i'd want the people to take and use them, they didn't understand or didn't want to understand. I had a lot of people who had probs with the server which didn't always deliver the items they bought. I can not tell you how rude some have been. My shop offers meanwhile as first shop at SL safer shopping, items get automatically replaced at all no transfer pictures, if you'd like to buy this script for your shop too, go to NXC scripting and get it there ;-)
I did remove my freebies after I had someone rebuilding a freebie for her own taste. I do understand that people can't understand that setting anything to modify means to give a resize possiblity but not to offer the possibility to change the designs. I wanted to give a colourchange possibility because most designers sell dresses in several colours and I never did a dress in different colours like woolworth or other bargain shops. We are a business with exclusive designs although we got reasonable prices, but I never wanted to make more business by selling more colours of one dress. The designs are unique and should stay it. After someone copied my heels I did set almost everything to no modify and added a resize script to allow at least resizing. In such issues SL is not very supporting or protecting, so you'll need to protect and support yourself. Still I am a fighter for rights, good quality, social things, beauty and good behaviour and will always stay it.
To show you the range of different designs I did, I'll add some pictures of the more hot stuff today for you.

No comments: